Friday, 16 May 2014

Thinking of you cards

Hello everyone!  Today I'm going to share with you a few cards that I made combining the sketch that provided by CAS(E) this Sketch#76 , Addicted to CAS#38- off the edge, and the colour combo by Colour Me#20.




 I love this sketch, and the moment I saw the three little elements on the right corner, I knew I was going to use sequins.  And I'm a big blue/turquoise/teal fan, but I'd never actually put blue and yellow together, and this colour combo is so striking and beautiful that I thought I'd like to give it a go.  So here is my card based on these two inspirations.




































Here's a closer look.























The flower stamps are from Hero Arts, one of their older sets, I heat embossed them onto some navy blue card stock and cut them out.  The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted, and the mustardy yellow background is a sheet of patterned paper from Crete Paper.  Totally fell in love with the colours.  So I went ahead and made a few more.

























Hope you like them.  I'm going to submit my first card to these two challenges.  Have a good day!

8 comments:

  1. I love your take on the sketch and your color combo is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are all lovely! Fabulous takes on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning set of cards... love how you used the color combo!! thanks so much for playing along with Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, three beautiful cards! The colors look amazing in your design :) Thanks for joining us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous set of cards! Great use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three are lovely! A nice little trio of cards! Thanks for playing with our Colour Me...! colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a wonderful collection of cards you have created here!!! Love the distressed background you created :) Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you around again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards! Thanks so much for linking up your card to our Off the Edge challenge at ATCAS ;)

    ReplyDelete